January 26, 2017
There were a lot of television shows that I used to love as a child. Here are little snippets of some of my favorites.
- Miffy and friends – This will always be one of the best shows I have ever watched. I loved the simple animation of this one. And the colors of course!
2. Make Way for Noddy – Again, a huge favorite of mine. I used to read all the original books by Enid Blyton too, so my love for this series was inherent.
3. Oswald – This was another cute series. My mom had a problem with this show though. Her question was that, if an octopus, a penguin and even a flower can talk like humans, why is the dog a mute pet? I get her point, but I still like this show.
4. Bob the Builder – I cannot forget the theme song of this show even after all these years.
5. Phineas and Ferb – Both I and my sister used to love this show. All the nonsensical storylines were extremely fun. The fun lay in the unrealistic madness. I can watch the reruns any day every day. 😉
6. Pingu – One of the earliest shows I have watched. I have linked a whole episode of this cute series, because the theme song is just a jingle of a few seconds.
7. Little Krishna – The only Indian show on my list. The animation is extremely beautiful here. A visual treat!!
8. Takeshi’s Castle – A hilarious game show made even more hilarious because of Javed Jaafri’s commentary. One of the best shows on Pogo ever. 🙂
9. The suite life of Zack and Cody – The reason why I started watching Disney Channel in the first place.
After the age of Chota Bheem and Doremon in Hindi began, there was never anything good on children’s television again. I am glad that I got to watch all these shows.
Mysuru, Karnataka, India